Monday, June 3, 2013

Embracing Adventure



We finally did it. We just cashed in a healthy chunk of those reward miles on an actual trip. A very long trip. A very crazy trip. The kind of trip we've been dreaming about for...a very long time. (Okay, enough with the very's already, right?).

It's crazy the kind of pangs I got just before booking though. I'm so looking forward to this trip, but it was still scary. Right before a purchase/exchange like this, I have so many questions going through my head. Are you sure those are the right dates? Do you really want to do this? What else could you do with those miles? Wouldn't that be better? But I'm glad those questions are there; they help me to make sure I'm really going for what's important, what my husband and I value.

I don't know about you, but when I save something for so long, it can be hard to let it go. Money. Air miles. Paid time off. I just have to remind myself that I save these things so that they can be used for things that I value. Like adventure!

So for this adventure, we'll be heading to Europe for just over 3 weeks. Right now, the only thing we're sure of is where we'll start and where we'll end up. So planning the inbetween, that's our current adventure.

And the best part of all, I love how much this adventure has turned into a metaphor for life. Don't store things up, use them for good. And remember that the real meat of life is in the journey, not the destination.

And this time, I'll come back with some awesome photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment