Friday, August 30, 2013

Let the Branding Continue!

The branding process is much tougher than I thought it would be. It's very introspective. Since I consider myself a fairly introspective person, I thought it would be so much easier. Just figure out what your essence looks like: colors, symbols, patterns, etc. and put it out there, right?

Haha! Anyone who has been through the process is probably laughing at that statement.

As a photographer, I spend a lot of time behind the camera, making others look good and showing them in their best light. But I'm not used to digging deep to figure out what I want to look like for the outside world. And I think it's been tougher on me because I'm trying to be so careful about what I put out there. Will others like it? Will it attract the right clients? Will it give off the right vibe?

But then I realized I wasn't alone in this process. First, I have an awesome designer - Katie - who is oh so patient, responsive, and just plain good at what she does! And more importantly, I finally understood that this business is a joint venture. (And honestly, anytime my incredible husband is involved, things just get so much better.) It's no longer me - it's we. We needed to show who we were, as individuals and as a couple. So we dug deep. Greg is very grounded, very sensible, very intelligent, and very deep. And I'm very passionate, bubbly, vibrant, and - so I've heard - a person with a pretty bold personality.

So what does this look like? Well, we like to think it looks like this:


All the elements work together to capture that grounded, neutral essence with added pops of personality. They're warm and inviting, yet bold and vibrant. They're cozy, yet professional.

The logo was probably the hardest part of all. There was so thought that went into it's meaning and symbolism. I'll be doing some blog posts about that very soon! Hopefully it's pretty easy to figure out what it is, but even more important is why we chose this symbol that represents our business. My husband and I both love coffee and photography...a lot! But we also think the two have a lot in common. Both are crafts that take a lot of patience, a lot of practice, and a lot of passion if you want your product to be the best it can be. Both are about people; they're about relationships, and sharing a love of one's craft with the world. Most importantly, for me, one makes the other possible! (Okay not really, but I really do believe that coffee makes me a better photographer - hence the common nickname "Photographer Fuel!")

So there you have it. The beginnings of something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment