Monday, December 30, 2013

A Look Back at 2013

"We often overestimate how much we can accomplish in a single day, yet we generally underestimate how much we can accomplish in a year if we make just a little progress every day." ~ Jean Chatzky

Whether or not I realized it, this was the theme for 2013. The list of things we have to be thankful for this year is just enormous - and awe-inspiring if we really allow ourselves to stop and reflect on it. We have both grown leaps and bounds as individuals, as Christians, as photographers, as business-owners, as friends, as family members, and as a team. Too many lessons and memories to count! 

But the most funny part about it is this: if you asked me, on any given day, if I accomplished everything I had planned, my answer would probably be no. I guess that's the "achiever" in me. But when I allow myself to take stock of all that has happened in 2013, I realize the wisdom in this quote!

Of course, we still have lots of ways we want to keep on improving, but we'll worry about that come 2014. For now, let's stop, take a breath, and talk about the highlights from 2013. 

  • 22 photography sessions. Yeah, 22. That's almost 2 per month! And that doesn't even count the thousands upon thousands of photos we took while living life, traveling, and enjoying good company. Whew!
  • 7 weddings. Say, what?!? And each one was such an incredible experience. Beautiful couples, special moments, and so much love. 
  • Our first styled shoot! And I have to say, we're planning on more of those next year with some themes that are near and dear to our hearts!
  • Countless customers-turned-friends. Seriously. That's one of our favorite parts about this business. It allows us to meet so many incredible people!
  • New support networks! This year brought with it several amazing photographer friends who constantly inspire, challenge, and encourage us. Such an immense blessing. 
  • Improved branding and web presence. This year, we redesigned the blog and are in the process of getting a shiny new website. We'll be launching in early 2014 and can't wait to show the world the new face of our business. 
  • Growth! I am constantly amazed when I think about how much we've learned about lighting, composition, technique, editing, and ourselves. 

So here's to a 2014 full of love, laughter, growth...and LOTS of pictures!














No comments:

Post a Comment